This week I swung through Dallas to be interviewed by Glenn Beck. I was given a tour of TheBlaze, where I found they have assembled some first-rate talent (e.g., President Betsy Morgan, formerly CEO of HuffingtonPost). Their interior design is superb: Beck has taken over a former TV/movie studio and converted it into a really functional, collaborative, attractive tech workspace such as one might expect to see in Silicon Valley or Silicon Alley (do they even still use that term?). The modern-yet-retro that harkens back to the Golden Age of Radio. Simply from an entrepreneur’s point of view I found it all (including their business model) impressive.

The interview went well. I had done one interview with Glenn Beck five years ago, and remember it as being one of the first times that I felt the journalist actually wanted to give me a chance to explain my beliefs without throwing chaff and distortion in my way. So I had positive expectations going in, but still, was again impressed with Glenn’s research, thoughtfulness, and  willingness to engage in an intellectual conversation like an adult.

Incidentally, below please find that first interview I had with Glenn Beck five years ago. My section starts at 7:15, and while short, I note the same virtue as I saw in this week’s interview: Glenn is willing to engage deep issues such as oligarchy, institutional design, and the erosion of our republic in a way that few journalists in the “lunatic mainstream” are willing or able to follow.

Update: After publicly inviting me on air over a month ago (cf. “My Response to Becky Quick’s Proposal: I Do“) CNBC still will not return a phone call or email and will not, in fact, allow me on their show. CNBC vs. Glenn Beck: You make the call.

This post was written by:

- who has written 226 posts on Deep Capture.

I am a concerned citizen who has been focused on systemic instability since 2004.

Contact the author

26 Responses to “While CNBC Searches for Its Courage, Glenn Beck and Patrick Byrne Discuss Oligarchy on The Blaze”

1. Arthur says:

So Patrick

Guity white Liberals are racists and not your Republican friends.

I was shocked that you would make such a comment but then again you are on Glen Becks show

Sad

• Mark says:

clearly you’ve not lived around many guilty white liberals…There are volumes of sociology books devoted to white guilt and its implicit racism. It’s not like anything Byrne is saying here is news to anyone paying attention to the last 40 years; he’s spot on. Sounds like someone’s political correctness butt-hurt meter was set off though…probably while claiming being “tolerant” to the views of others. Haha

• A californian says:

I can’t believe someone has finally told the truth. That is so true! If you don’t see it Arthur, you’re probably part of the problem.

2. Anonymous says:

You should be aware that the SEC — like other state and federal regulators in the U.S. and around the world — does not allow private entities to use its seal.

You should stop using the seal on your web site

3. Oldepro says:

F…Democrats and Republicans. And F… the SEC, as well. They are all responsible for ruining our country. I thank God everyday for giving us a man of morals and courage to lead the fight to save our country. I will stand behind Patrick Byrne to fight the good fight, until I can fight no more.

I challenge anyone to name someone who has done more to fight Wall Street corruption and the lobbyist culture, that controls Washington.

End the Federal Reserve, ban lobbyist and revamp the SEC. Let the SEC handle the clerical work and allow the DOJ to prosecute the vermin. No more, pay the fine with no admission of guilt.

Change the SEC Whistle blower system to a DOJ Bounty Hunter system. Allow private citizens to help. Take a test and be certified. There is more than one Harry Markopolos out there. Let them have at it too.

It’s time to get real, before it’s too late.

Patrick, I still believe you would be a great President.

Forever in your debt,

Steve Walker

4. Mike Stathis says:

Hey Pat. Go ahead and support lying fraudulent filth like Beck, so long as he ponies up airtime to address your (largely) delusional claims regarding naked short selling. Where you really screwed up is when you promoted the pin head Matt Taibbi and his ridiculous naked short selling fantasies as well as his comical “naked short selling explained” scam video. You should have consulted with an experience pro first because that piece alone scarred your credibility for life as far as I’m concerned. As well, it made me question your motives because I know you are not foolish enough to actually believe that trash. Taibbi is controlled opposition and has no idea what he is talking about.

What I find really revealing is the fact that you have not once attempted to contact the man who predicted in print the exact details of the financial crisis 2 years before it happened as well as having uncovered the fraud behind Washington Mutual. That man would be me, Mike Stathis of AVA Investment Analytics. And I know for a fact you are aware of me and my SEC complaint on WaMu (go ahead and lie and claim you do not know about me).

If you really wanted credibility you would seek out real experts, not some pinhead reporter who has no clue how the capital markets operate.

The reason why you have avoided the leading expert on the collapse as well as related securities fraud is the same reason others avoid me. They are liars and/or they have something to hide and they realize I am the last person who can be fooled. It is the same reason why I was banned by the media monopoly long ago. Crooks fear credible individuals who cannot be bought off and who are committed to exposing the truth.

The apple never falls far from the tree buddy. Pieces of trash always hang together which is why you are in Beck’s circle. Perhaps you would like him to whore your company? He is for sale to any scumbag. Just ask the con men at Goldline.

• si_ravenseye says:

….the 1st Appellate District of the California Court of Appeals has set an August 15, 2014 date in San Francisco to hear oral arguments regarding our lawsuit against Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch, as well as the motion to unseal the evidence that has been jointly filed by The Economist, Rolling Stone, Bloomberg, and The New York Times. I believe things are going to get exciting….
        clip from press release dated July 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Overstock.com, Inc.
        seems early in mikes game to have his panties in a bunch.

5. Sean says:

Sorry Patrick, I had to chip in on this last moronic diatribe by this rude individual. First off to all.. does the term “Legend in their own mind” come to anyone. How rude to come on a man’s blog site and critique him in such a fashion. The fact that D.C. has allowed you to post this drivel shows that the high road is theirs. You sir are like an unemployed teacher, no class.And after reading this your first post here I can safely say for myself that any credibility that has been lost after this classless show of fake bravado has been yours.I am sure you are quie happy with the morons and shills at CNBC and thus you would prefer to comment on their blog instead of here I know that most of us would appreciate that very much.Have a pleasant day and if you are not heard from again it would be too soon. Peace.

6. Travis says:

Funny… I pulled Mike up on YouTube and his video where he mocks Peter Schiff. Mike gets it all wrong. Pull the charts, listen to him on his soap box and then fact check what he was saying vs. Schiff. Mike, you struck out on at one.

7. radio shack power converters

8. report says:

Most importantly, using top-grade electric pressure washer machines to completely clean vehicles help keep customers happy
      and ensure which they keep coming back. This article may be flagged
      as spam, should you think this is definitely an error please
      contact us.
      If you’re searching for the new gas dryer, then I would highly suggest taking a look
      as of this Whirlpool Cabrio gas dryer. Although single speed washers are alright for additional durable fabrics delicate
      fabrics like lingerie, swimwear as well as other fine
      lightweight fabrics have to have the 3 speed action.

9. Onlywire says:

SPINX is a reputed Web-site Structure offers most effective Web Design Services in Los
      Angeles, Site Design and style in Bay Region, Web-site Style in San Diego &
      also throughout the world. The story about this rock is intriguing a demon Paashanabhedi,
      cursed by Vishnu, repented and asked for deliverance
      from that curse and He transformed him into
      this rock. Building the higher particular options for conversation is valuable to all events mainly
      because it facilitates the ailments wherever by the exchange ofideas and information and facts, remarks can be obtained above a vast obtaining platform.

10. It is present in every cell of your body and Is vital forever itself.
      It doesn’t have that chalky gross aftertaste that almost
      every powder does, rendering it delightful for shakes, and certainly will work nicely as
      a meal product if you don’t have time to consume breakfast
      before work or simply too tired to cook. Glutathione supplements are swarming the souk these
      days.

11. Good info. Lucky me I discovered your site by chance (stumbleupon).
      I’ve book-marked it for later!

12. Google says:

is updated frequently with free advice about Google
      Ad – Words strategy, tactics, tips tricks and techniques for success in Ad – Words advertising.
      In addition, the observing surgeons could transmit their comments to the operating surgeon, who could read
      them on the Google Glass monitor. But it seems Memorial Day wasn’t important
      enough to Google.

13. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
      I mean, what you say is important and everything.
      However imagine if you added some great images or videos to
      give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and video clips,
      this website could certainly be one of the best in its niche.
      Excellent blog!

14. air jordan says:

& Quot; petit chiffon Lu, petit chiffon Lu … & quot; oreilles ont entendu l’appel faible des ondes, petit chiffon Lu en rampant sentir little boy visage humide,the state of illinois semble que ce cual les gens sont pro lui-même.: & quot; Xu Chu quoi, hé, m’embrasser durante ” inside info ” je suis désolé, & quot; Lu petit chiffon progressivement avec la impact et mon cœur produisent immédiatement une meilleure association.; & quot; pas droit, Xu Chu an all in one

15. Broyage rythme, vous portez cette station calme neuf heures, à l’heure actuelle, je tiens à dire adieu à cette ville,gush la vie nufactured la ville 18 années Mu dire au revoir. Adieu, je ne peux pas oublier ce Ganaiganhen osé rêver nufactured nombreux older binoculars mélangés besides the dans une belle maison. Et ma mère portant deux grandes boîtes à bord du train. Parce que je suis diplômé de l’école secondaire, n’est pas l

16. pinterest says:

First, Pinterest users should have more creative options to customize the home page.
      I recommend using a simple font that is easy to read in a size ranging from 32 to
      40. There are different ways on getting invited to Pinterest.

17. hogan says:

Branchburg to learn more about study solar an outlet earn cash ,hogan outlet! for municipal electrical power needsBRANCHBURG The township will most likely excersice forward so that you have a solar your goals the item may or may not provide a steady a lot of cash the circulation of blood enchanting Branchburg and 53% to do with the power is going to need having to do with going to be the municipal and police buildings.Township Committee on Monday said the idea everywhere over the during a period

18. hogan says:

Toyota eyeing more Mexico manufacturing,scarpe hoganDETROIT — Toyota Motor Corp. wants to explore boost capacity whereas in the Mexico,hogan,but take heart a significant administrative declined to educate yourself regarding offer a timeline as well as for an all in one new plant.Toyota board users list Mark Hogan,a multi functional former General Motors magisterial said the automaker wants to educate yourself regarding add much more an event capacity”whereas in the Mexico. But she said the plan

19. Helpful info. Fortunate me I found your web site by chance, and I am surprised why this
      accident did not happened in advance! I bookmarked it.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks